This Week's Moments of Good

It has been a special summer for my son. Normally his dad and I work, and he goes off to summer camp for the day. But a well-timed shoulder surgery for his dad worked out in the little man's favor. He enjoyed it immensely for about the first two months, however the past few weeks have become the "I'm bored" phase of summer. 

Since this is the last week before school starts,  I think he is feeling that time is running out. He's been cramming in lots of random creativity this week. Perhaps it's his gut telling him to get all his "outside the box" thinking done before having to go back to the structure and rules of school.

On Monday, it was home made "fireworks"- a cardboard roll stuffed with ripped up construction paper, and a stick or broom to push them through.



homemade crafty paper fireworks


It's really pretty cool...


homemade crafty paper fireworks


...minus the task of gathering the bits of paper after each "explosion". He didn't seem to mind too much though and entertained himself and us for a good hour or so.


Tuesday's lovely surprise was that I came home from work and found my big bag of yarn out on the floor and this:


God's Eye craft yarn


I don't know where he learned to make these, but he can crank them out like a little machine! When he gets motivated, he REALLY gets motivated, although it doesn't happen too often. He made 21 of them, just sitting there like an old granny, content as could be.

After all that hard work, I hung them up in the living room. I keep staring at them, enjoying the bright colors in the room.


God's Eye craft yarn garland



Today's moment is a shout out to a very special coworker and friend for her birthday. This amazing young woman is about to volunteer her time to help out orphans in Tanzania for five weeks. It's rare to see people who are willing to spend their time and efforts in such a real and intense way, so she is today's something/someone beautiful!



You can read about the organization she is volunteering with here: http://www.foreverangels.org/


Wednesday's moment, a little together-time craftiness and thoughtfulness. Continuing to send prayers and love to everyone in Texas, and also Louisiana:


prayer sailboat craft toilet paper roll




prayer sailboat craft toilet paper roll


 The prayers were put inside the "boats" and sent to sail...


prayers sailboat craft toilet paper roll


...may they reach you there.

Comments

Mom said…
This is amazing! That little man is so incredibly creative and resourceful, it is hard to fathom! Loved the prayer-filled sailboats for Texas and Louisiana . . . I had to laugh at the prayer for frappucino. You forgot wine and chocolate . . .
lululonestar said…
I love this so much!!! Sending the prayers by boat is beautiful. I want to paint that.
AROSE24 said…
This is beautiful. I love the frappuccino wishes! And... I agree with your mom. Chocolate and wine are must-haves!
Elisa said…
Thank you all so much! I can't seem to reply to each comment, so I will have to reply in one comment here: Mom and Amanda-I will be sure to send out chocolate and wine prayers too-haha! Laura-that would be so cool if you drew it!
Mama Sarah said…
He has such a creative soul... you're doing something right with that one!

Popular Posts