Bidding Summer Farewell

I think this project is already opening my eyes so much more than they were before. I seem to be finding so many more beautiful moments in my day than I thought I would. Of course it does help that it is the weekend. Having the time to get out and about in nature offers so many more opportunities.

Once the bleak winter comes around, however, I have a feeling it will be slightly (or immensely) more difficult to keep this up. That is why I am soaking up every last bit of nature's colors while I can. Like the Lay's slogan-I can't pick just one-so here are several:

I have no idea what type of flower this is, but it's pretty weird and cool.


passionflower blue white


Lantanas-THE place to be for butterflies:

 lantanas butterfly summer



Finding frogs with a buddy:





Shades of pink:




purple white flowers field



magenta pink flowers bee


Oh, how I will miss the loveliness...


lantanas butterflies summer pretty


...but autumn is right around the corner with a whole different palette to display!

And Friday's moment-it was one my last few evenings of NOT having to make a school lunch for the next day. I have appreciated that fact all summer, but last night I made a conscious effort to enjoy those extra moments in my evening, before the chaos, I mean, joy of learning, begins again. Every free moment is a blessing.




Okay, okay, I did not actually read Hemingway. I sat there and watched mindless television, and enjoyed every last minute of it.

Still sending out prayers for my fellow Texans and all those affected. May your land be restored so that you may enjoy blooms again too.


Comments

Mama Sarah said…
Sharon seriously your writing is so beautiful and thought provoking! And don't worry, I'm sure around there you will find some beautiful momemts to capture even in winter!
Unknown said…
I really appreciate you saying that Sarah. It means so much to me that you enjoy it! xo
Mom said…
Such beautiful photography, and such beautiful writing - it is truly inspiring! Can't wait to see your Beautiful Fall Moments!
Unknown said…
Thank you! I am excited for fall...there are already some hints of it around here.
Attic24 said…
The flower in the top photo is a Passion flower >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora

Your photos are so beautiful, and I am in awe of that buttterfly - this isn't one that we ever get in the UK, although I've seen one once in Greece. Your blog is a true delight xxxxxxxxxx
Unknown said…
Oh cool! Thanks for looking that up! I know passionflower has medicinal properties, but I never knew it was so pretty. Thank you for the lovely compliment. It means a lot! xo

Popular Posts