Finding Light in the Darkness (for Texas)

It has been a cool, calm, sunny day here. Quite the opposite in another section of our nation. We have been keeping a close eye on the recent weather events this weekend affecting so many people in our old home state of Texas. I am relieved that our family and friends have been safe, but our hearts go out to those who have lost so much. It is such a strangely surreal thought to ponder that an area of the world is going through such destruction and devastation, while in our own home and corner of the world, life goes on as normal.

It is difficult to see the beauty in these type of events. But perhaps the beauty lies in the opportunities for humans to be reminded of who they really are and what is really important in life. Out of all the rubble will emerge stories of regular people doing heroic and amazing things for each other, people who may have never crossed paths helping each other, people from all over coming together to give time, efforts, donations, and for a period, be united for a common good.

I took this photo today while on a walk. I don't like spiders. They scare me, and if one crawls near me, I will shudder intensely, possibly let out a yelp or two, and do my best to terminate it. But as I saw the sun shining on its web, making it sparkle, it made me stop. Focusing in with my camera, I could really appreciate the intricate details of it. I think it must be a really hip spider because it even used a stylish chevron pattern on the left side for a bit. Some areas are uniformly patterned, others look like the spider had a little too much to drink, or perhaps got distracted for a bit. The point is, that out of something really scary and awful, can come something really beautiful.



Sending my Texas peeps love, peace, and lots of sunlight.




Comments

Popular Posts