My journey begins

This project has been mulling around in my head for quite some time now, but I haven't been able to figure out how exactly to start. So this morning I've decided to just go for it. Jumping with both feet in...

So first, the reason for this project: I have struggled for some time now to consistently see the positive things in my life. I know they are there, but somehow throughout the course of the day, the annoying things become way bigger than the good things. More often than not, I'm feeling frustrated about things that I know deep inside are actually trivial. I feel stressed a lot of the time. I really don't like that word: stress. It seems to have become the norm for most people these days. It feels like a product of our modern times, and we're all supposed to be feeling that way and if we're not, then we're probably not being productive enough. Ugh.

But does it really matter in the grand scheme of things, if I come home from work and realize that there are dishes all over the counter from the night before that haven't been cleaned, dinner that still has to be figured out and cooked, and "Oh yeah, we need to go grocery shopping!" The laundry is piling up, and I'm considering just throwing away all the clothes and buying new ones. Too bad I am not a millionaire. etc. etc.

The thing is that these never ending tasks are always going to be there, day in and day out. Life is chaotic sometimes. And then there are other things in life that are not so trivial, like health or pain issues, that can really damper one's experience. But I have heard many inspiring stories of people who seemingly have nothing, or who experience great loss, or deteriorating health, who are able to appreciate life and turn the bad into something good.

What I am starting to realize is that even through the worst of times, there are moments of beauty. Those moments may be really, really hard to focus on, but I believe if you look hard enough, you will find them. Those are life's little gifts to us. Like it's saying, "Look! Look at what you DO have. Everything is going to be okay." And if we can notice those little things, and hang on to them even for just a moment, we will remember that life is really amazing.

So, this project is a challenge to myself to take notice of at least one thing a day that is beautiful, and capture it in a photo-one thing that makes me smile, or causes me to stop and appreciate that moment. I hope you enjoy my journey, and perhaps get inspired to start your own path towards positive living. 

And now, for my first photo: 


heart flower blooms


There's something special about finding heart shaped things in nature. It's like a small reminder that love is the only thing that really matters. I took this as a sign, that it is time that I begin this journey that I've been thinking about for so long. It is time to start looking with my heart at what is true and meaningful in life. It's time to love life again.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts